Monday, October 11, 2010

Blogging about Blogging (a sin, I understand)

I like writing.  I like it too much.  I sometimes blog while my children are crying in another room because I'm selfish and I like to do what I like to do.  Just now, I found the mess that Jenna made with the Cheerios I left out... natural consequences for me, I suppose.

Here's the thing...

I could blog about saving money, but those blogs are a dime a dozen... on sale and with a coupon, they're free. 

I could blog about parenting, but my oldest child is only 4 and the proof is in the pudding... my pudding is still in the ingredients phase.  I have no teenagers yet.  You can't trust my advice.

I could blog about my faith, but I don't want you to think poorly of Jesus because of my *frequent* hypocrisy.  Then again, that's why I need Him... every hour. 

I could blog about being homemaker, but my bathroom is dirty and my kitchen doesn't smell of fresh baked goodies. 

I could blog about home organization, but you obviously haven't seen my crawl space/could-potentially-be-a-basement/mayhem... ICK! 

I could blog about being a wife, but I rarely make my husband lunch and I tend to be very selfish in that relationship too.

I suppose the only thing unique about me is my experiences with four small children in a small house with a small budget.  I can tell some funny stories, I suppose... like Last Night's Stomach Virus, Part Deux: Korynne and the Water Glass (Rated GR for Gag Reflex... not for the faint at stomach). 
So... why am I blogging?  Good question.  Am I talking to myself?  What do you want me to blog about?  Then again, if no one responds, I'll get the hint. 
My detergent recipe is coming, Liz ;).  It will likely be in the form of a link. 

5 comments:

  1. I love your blog! It's great for all of us stay at home momma who are also addicted to the Internet! It makes me feel like I'm not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...blog about being an imperfect/still learning/selfish writer, money saver, parent, Christian, homemaker, organizer and wife?

    I, for one, have enjoyed it thus far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an amazing woman Clara, and whatever you decide you want to blog about when you sit down to your computer...I want to read it! I have such a hard time articulating my feelings and so often when I read your posts I think to myself..."Now that is what I was trying to say...." or "ok, so I'm not alone...someone else struggles with that."

    Love it! Keep it up! Unless of course your kids have found the matches or something sharp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like reading your blog, too. Sometimes I feel like it's the only meaningful "conversation" I get all day. :)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete