Tuesday, October 19, 2010

To or not to...?

You know you're special if you get it from me.  MOPS gets it.  Church on Sunday gets it.  If I see you in those settings, please be advised, not everyone gets it. 

But Fred Meyer, you are not worth the trouble.  Costco, you haven't got what it takes.  And Toddler Time... as if!?!?!

Play dates with friends don't even get it.  It's not that I don't love my friends whose children entertain and are entertained by my children.  I love my friends.  But, it's a lot of work to put it on and then take it off at night before bed.

My husband gets it... on special occasions.  Not on an average Tuesday, but special events or date night call for it.  He says I don't need it... so cute, so naive. 

There is one group of people though who may or may not get it.  You throw me for a loop, you working Moms and friends of mine without children.  You have it and so should I... I'm the weird one for leaving the house without it at all.  I don't want you to think that Stay at Home Moms let themselves go... we just prioritize things differently, that's all. 
So why would I do more for non-Moms and working Moms than Stay at Home Moms? 

Good question.

To or not to... MASCARA?  That, in case you were wondering, is the question.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I also think it depends on how you grew up and your role models. I had a stay-at-home mother who would NEVER leave the house without lipstick and mascara and she had 6 kids in 8 years! (Don't worry, Clara, you could top it);) She even wore perfume most days while at home!
    Hence, people rarely see me without mascara and some sort of gloss. :)

    ReplyDelete