Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Now What?

We've been on the go for several days. 
  • Friday: I took all 4 kiddos to Costco and Wal-Mart all by me onesies.  (A dead coffee pot necessitated the trip.)
  • Saturday: I went to a baby shower that I was co-hosting. 
  • Sunday: We took the whole family to church at the park.  
    • We thought we were 20 minutes late, we were actually 40 minutes early.  We thought lunch would be at 11:30, it was at 12:30.  It was cool and windy on Puget Sound in August.  Brrr... 
  • Monday:  The kids and I went to Albertson's and came home to wash and fold four loads of laundry. 
  • Tuesday: We had a playdate and an interview in the morning, a spur of the moment trip to the doctor in the afternoon (thank Heaven Kyle was home for the ring-swallowing ceremony), and an evening ladies only (plus Joel) Bible study.

Now, it's Wednesday, and I'm not even sure how to pick myself up off the floor. 

I've heard it said,
 there is no rest for the weary...

I need to make dinner for a friend who just had a baby and deliver it tonight.  I need to do a few more loads of laundry and mop the floor because Korynne spilled milk at breakfast so now I really have to mop (before it was only nasty, now it's really nasty).  Jenna has a funky foot skin malady either caused or exacerbated by her orthotics maybe the cream I put on it will work so I don't have to take her to the doctor.  I have to check Seth's poop for a ring.  Korynne just got her hair caught in the axle of a battery powered car.  And Joel, at the moment, is happily bouncing in his jumper hanging from the door jam. 
Believing God: Member Book 
With all of that (and more that I will not air on the Internet), I thank Jesus for the Bible Study apropos.  That's right, to my I-should-know-this-by-now surprise, God knows when I need to hear from Him that He is who He says He is, He can do what He says He can do, I am who He says I am, I can do all things through Christ, and His Word is alive and active in me.  From Isaiah 40...

28 Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary [and He is my strength and my refuge];
his understanding is unsearchable [and He has my best interest at heart].
29 He gives power to the faint [and faint at heart],
and to him who has no might [or mental capacity for the day] he increases strength [and wherewithal].
30 Even youths [and mothers of small children] shall faint and be weary [and lose their tempers],
and young men [and women, thank you very much] shall fall exhausted;
31 but they who wait for [or write a blog and remember] the Lord shall renew their strength [with or without the use of artificial stimulants];
they shall mount up with wings like eagles [and be filled with HIS joy];
they shall run [and chase after small children] and not be weary [or call Daddy in a fit of tears];
they shall walk [and do laundry and cook dinner and maintain peace and sanity at their household] and not faint [or fall in a heap on the floor].

Can I get an "Amen"?
.

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister!

    And I just have to add...I had no idea that milk had sugar in it until I became a mom and it spilled on the floor. Funny all the things you learn in this profession!

    You are doing a wonderful job Clara! Isn't it amazing that God has hand selected us for this job of mothering?

    ReplyDelete