I hate to admit this, but maybe my honesty will give others permission to be honest as well.
These M&M's have been in the bottom of my purse since Tuesday. They were a welcoming gift from my Discussion Group Leader at MOPS. They were in a cute little paper box and the box came open trapping these delicious morsels in the debris-filled seam at the bottom of my purse next to a *clean* diaper and a toy for my youngest.
And then... the great debate:
Do I or do I not eat the M&M's?
It's now Sunday and I haven't decided yet. They won't melt. But are they "clean" enough to eat... if I blow them off.
My choices are:
a) clean out my purse, throw them away *sniffle*, then, thoroughly clean the lining of my purse/diaper bag so that if this ever happens again there will be no debate... no chocolate shall ever meet ill-fate again.
b) gather the chocolaty-goodness, inspect them for specks of foreign matter, eat them, and not feel a shred of guilt... no chocolate should ever go to waste.
c) show my small children what happened... at least someone will enjoy the chocolate. Then, thoroughly clean the lining of my purse/diaper bag so that if this ever happens again there will be no debate... that's MY chocolate, dammit.
We shall see...